FIWARE USA Tour June 2018
FIWARE is heading to the USA this June and it will be by the hand of InterInnov one more time. Jose Gonzalez will be participating as a panelist in two events of reference in the ICT arena in both coasts:
June 18-19, Washington DC
PICASSO Project is co-hosting the 2nd edition of the Transatlantic Symposium on ICT Technology and Policy that will bring together representatives from government, academia, and industry around the theme of “Leveraging people, technology, and information for a smart and connected society”. The key topics will involve:
- Cybersecurity and cyber resiliency strategy.
- Big Data, including management, analytics, and visualization.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), including autonomous systems, robotics, and machine learning.
- 5G and Beyond, including network infrastructure.
- Cyber-physical Systems and Internet of Things (IoT), with a focus on smart energy systems. Jose will participate in this plenary panel to introduce FIWARE and its global community, highlighting the advances made in the cooperation in the US
June 20-22, Portland OR
Bringing together forward-looking research institutions, federal agencies, leading private sector companies, and municipalities interested in preparing their infrastructure for the latest technologies to provide better, more equitable services. This three-day conference supported by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under the context of Global City Teams Challenge, will feature Transportation/Mobility with participation from other policy areas including Energy/Water/Waste Management, Public Safety, Wireless, City Platform/Dashboard, Data Governance and Exchange, and Agriculture and Rural.
Jose will be a speaker in several panels, including the one on “Transportation Analytics in an Age of Multi-Modal Transit” to showcase the power of an open source platform like FIWARE in Smart Applications.